Position: Associate Project Coordinator-Better Cotton Initiative Project
Location: Bathinda (Punjab) /Kodinar (Gujarat). The posting will be either of the locations and candidate needs to travel to other projects locations.
Nature of position: Contractual with contract fee in range of INR 35000-43000 per month
Last Date: May 15, 2013
Ambuja Cement Foundation, established in 1993, is the social development arm of Ambuja Cements Ltd., working exclusively with rural communities on issues related to Natural Resource Management, Agro & Skill-based Livelihood Generation, Health, Education, Women's Empowerment and Rural Infrastructure. ACF's community development work is based on its mission and underscores our belief in communities and in our role as catalysts to bring in changes. ACF undertakes projects and schemes for promoting the social and economic development for communities in and around the manufacturing locations of Ambuja Cement Ltd. These development initiatives are in line with the needs of people, in partnership with them and in close collaborations with like-minded NGOs and the Government. A team of more than 450 dedicated professionals implement its projects and program. Our work currently extends to 20 locations in 11 states across India, reaching out to 1.5 million people. ACF is accredited by Credibility Alliance as adhering to the desirable norms prescribed for good governance of voluntary organizations.
About BCI Projects:
BCI is a global initiative to make global cotton cultivation sustainable. It involves all the supply chain actors. ACF is working with approx 10000 farmers across 5 states i.e. Punjab, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Maharashtra and Andhra Pradesh. BCI project is being implemented since year 2010 and now ACF is recognized as one of the key Implementing Partner for BCI projects in India. ACF has developed a designed supply chain linkage with its program farmers .And now focusing on developing farmers producers organization in the project area.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Since BCI is multiplication project, so S/he has to monitor the progress of the projects across locations.
- S/he has to track the performance of projects as per the implementation plan
- Ensure proper data management for BCI projects
- Preparing and finalizing reports for the funding agencies as well as for ACF purpose.
- Develop case studies on the project activities.
- Physical monitoring and providing inputs for the better implementation of project .
- Support for business development of Farmer Producers Companies registered in the projects.
- To providing technical training to the team and local facilitators.
- Ensure self reliance of projects till 2015 by identifying anf collaborating with funding partners /agencies.
- Supporting other agrobased livelihood interventions being implemented by ACF at the locations
Qualification, Skills and Attributes
S/He must be B.Sc-Agriculture followed by Masters in Agriculture/Social Sciences/Rural Management/ Agribusiness Management.
2. Work Experience
S/He should has relevant work experience of at least 3 years with proven distinction in performance
3. Language Proficiency
S/He should be very fluent in English and Hindi. Knowledge of local languages i.e. Punjabi/Rajasthani or Gujarati will be advantageous.
4. Technical Knowledge
The candidate must have sound knowledge of:
5. Other Competencies
- Integrated Crop Management practices
- Farmers Institutional Development particularly Farmers Producers Company concept
- Strong on agronomic and marketing aspects of cotton crop.
- S/He should a good team workers
- Ready to work with farmers extensively.
- Must have very good communication skill in English and Hindi.
- Ready to take new challenges
- Must be gender sensitive.
- Should have integrity
- Must understand the community mobilization process
ACF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all states, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organizations.
Interested candidates may apply to firstname.lastname@example.org